Friday, April 8, 2016

Week 9 - Low Poly Modeling Update #8

The rig is almost done! The majority of work I have left is the blend shapes and weight mapping. Of course, both of those are time consuming but they will be done by Monday! Once the rig has been completed, I will just need to constrain her armor to her body and animate her idle pose. I brought her texture into Maya to check for stretching. I was nervous about my diffuse map going into Maya because 3D Coat is PBR-based and previously I've had a lot of issues importing Substance maps. I'm not sure what was different with exporting my textures from 3D Coat (as I am PBR ignorant), but I'm actually really stoked how well the textures look in Maya.

I'm looking into the process of uploading my projects to Sketchfab. I was able to get a Pro account by making an account with my CSU Chico email. Good stuff! Since my knight is incomplete, I want to test out Sketchfab by uploading my old finished projects. They do need a bit of touching up, which I'm in the middle of doing. We'll see how it goes!

I uploaded my work onto Polycount for critiques and comments! I went to the Digital Sketchbook forum because I found it to be a more suitable place to post WIPs. I wanted to upload my work to the popular forum for low poly, however there is a 1k tri limit so my model wouldn't fit the requirements. 

Here is a link:

Current Rig
Textured mesh in Maya


Wireframe in Maya



No comments:

Post a Comment