Thursday, March 31, 2016

Week 8 - Low Poly Modeling Update #7

Finally.

Finallyyyy textures are done! Maybe I'll go back to it and touch up some details before submitting my final project, but for now I'm going to call it because I really want to get this done so I can move on to Zbrush. You may notice the flowers on the spear are not alpha'ed yet, but I've already made the alpha texture and I'm going to see how Sketchfab imports alpha maps. If I'm having trouble, I believe there is a way to do it in 3D Coat so I'm not too concerned right now. I'm rather happy on how this came out considering this is my first time making a character like this. I'd love to revisit hand painted textures again in the future because I had loads of fun with it. I'm definitely going to with my future mage character I designed, see my first post if you're interested!

Now I'm putting all of my attention on rigging her! I've made some good progress with the rig (controls all done except for center of gravity, skeleton done, legs bend and stretch properly, all current controls are constrained to the proper joints, etc) and all I have to do now is get the FK/IK controls working on the arms, apply blend shapes and facial rigging, bind the skin to the skeleton, and constrain the armor to the body. I want to have it done by next update (I certainly hope so because it's due for 432 haha). One thing I need to do before binding the skin is add some inner mouth geometry because of the project requirements for blend shapes. It shouldn't be too taxing poly-wise, but we'll see how it goes!




No comments:

Post a Comment