Thursday, March 10, 2016

Week 6 - Low Poly Modeling Update #5

Less pink, more strawberry lemonade.

I wasn't able to complete all of the texturing this week like I wanted due to my course workload, but progress is progress! Good thing Spring Break is coming up, I want to work on it a lot more then.

I added the basic golden trim around the armor to make the armor colors pop and began some detailed shading on the breastplate. I'm pretty happy with how the colors are turning out! I also might need to mess with the UVs within Maya since somehow they got a little wonky in 3D Coat. I don't know if this is because I used an old file when I imported into 3D Coat or because I tried altering the UVs within 3D Coat and may have messed some stuff up. I'm certain I had everything lined up before I went into 3D Coat but when I checked the UVs again they were slightly off centered. It's not too obvious on the body, but more so on her eyeballs (ilu beautiful cross-eyed knight girl).

I also took a break from 3D Coat on a day when I didn't have a tablet and constructed a basic skeleton in Maya. I might make myself some rigging tools to make the animation progress easier since I'm lacking in the animation department. Any advice from animators is welcome!

Over Spring Break, I'd like to have texturing done (for real this time). Since texturing seems to be the bulk of what I have left to do, I hope to be completed with my project by the week after break!





Derp





















































































Until next time! Á plus tard~
-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment