Thursday, March 3, 2016

Week 5 - Low Poly Modeling Update #4

So pink(゜◇゜)

This week, I dabbled some more in 3D Coat. I've decided on the knight's color palette and added the base colors. There will be golden trim going along the armor so it's not so devastatingly pink, but I'm going to add that later. I've also added some details to the face and body. Still a work in progress!

My post from last week shows my character in 3D Coat, but I hadn't really researched the interface or functionality of the program. When I was just messing around, I found I was having a hard time painting efficiently since the edges kept bleeding over each other. However, after browsing some tutorials, I discovered the function of painting in wireframe view which really helped with painting accuracy and the paint padding setting within the preferences. I also found out I could import my Photoshop custom brushes into 3D Coat, which is a really nice feature for hand-painted textures.

I hope to be done with texturing by next week so I can bring her back into Maya for rigging. I will then give her a simple idle animation and upload her to Sketchfab. Unfortunately, it looks like this project will take me longer than Spring Break, my intended deadline, but the end is in sight! gogogo






That's all for now! Toodles~
-Kristen Malone

No comments:

Post a Comment