Friday, September 9, 2016

Week 2 - Texturing + Rigging / Posing

This week I spent most of my time working on textures. I've added more detail to the cloak, skin, and his robes along with small touch ups on his hair, eyes, and accessories. For the most part, aside from the more noticeable things like missing alphas, everything is done on him. I've also worked more on the props, primarily the floor.











I also brainstormed some names, which is always the hardest part for me. After a lot of deliberation:

Elias
Sergei
Cole
Quinn
Johann
Finnian
Lloyd
Graham
Flynn
Ren
Tobias

I decided....Tobias! Toby for short. I wanted his name to have an elegant yet boyish ring to it. It's not set in stone yet, so suggestions are welcome.

When I didn't have 3D Coat in front of me, I spent my time working on his rig. I'm trying to pose him in a static position with some magic / animated textures floating in his hands, however I'd like also his clothes to be fluttering slightly, as if the magic was blowing air at him. Recently I tried my hand at adding wind effects. It's going about as well as you'd expect:



I'm trying to use Air Field FX. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet, I've only used it once in my life and it was just to make a flag wave. If anyone has advice, please let me know! When I went to paint weight his mesh, stuff also went wrong (especially fighting with his clothes) and ultimately I got an error that the skin cluster was missing so a lot of time went down the drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment