Thursday, November 3, 2016

Weekly 10 - Modeling + Texturing finalized, Mocap

This week I spent my time refining my existing models and textures. As per the advice I received last time, I made the warrior's armor a big bulkier on his hips and legs to match his bulky shoulder armor and gave his hair a couple of loose strands. I also added a very simple texture to him in order to give him a bit more shape, though I want to keep it simple in order to retain a simplistic cute style and avoid texture hell. Along with the warrior, I've updated the archer's textures and mesh as well.

We also got a lot of mocap data for our game (thank you Karissa for getting in the suit!). Earlier this week, I've been patching it up all up in Motive and Motionbuilder. We have a ton of clips (over twenty!) so I've been slowly chugging out fbxs, however it's going to take me longer to clean up the animation since it's not my strong suit. Sebastien has been helping out with rigging while we get the clips cleaned.

Next week I would like the portraits completed for the Warrior, Archer, and Bandits. If I complete that, I need to begin modeling the sword and bow props for the characters.


Warrior Finnian

Archer Isa

Mocap hell

No comments:

Post a Comment