Friday, February 19, 2016

Week 3 - Low Poly Modeling Update #2

Progress was made!

So I've essentially completed my base mesh. The body is 2,058 tris and the armor + spear is 1,010 tris putting her a total of 3,068 tris. This is a little bit over my limit and I may cut down if need be, but for now I'm happy with the level of detail she has. After browsing the web, I've come across some really inspiring low-poly modeling styles (links to their work below!) so I decided to change things up a bit. For example, my character now has eyeballs and more defined eye / mouth topology. I hope this will make my character look better come the texturing phase.

Now that I'm done with modeling, I'll begin texturing soon. It may take me a while to get the ball rolling with texturing since I will be learning a new program (3D Coat most likely, although Substance and Quixel are also options).

I've posted some of my inspirations below for reference:
  • Low poly model by Yekaterina Bourykina. This model is a bit too high poly for what I'm going for but I love the texturing style. The face topology is also really good, I studied it when building my character's face. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9yKVW
  • Low poly scene by Matt B. Closer to the poly count that I'm shooting for, but I needed more edge loops on my character's face because I will be adding some facial animation. https://www.artstation.com/artwork/nQZmr
Final-ish base mesh









That's what I've got for now! Peace out!
-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment