Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Week 1 - Concept Art

Hi all! This is my first update post regarding my projects in this course. I have gone and mapped out my plan for the year, since I will also be taking Senior Portfolio next semester.

Here is my concept art (I plan to be working on assignments in order from left to right):











The first model - the flower knight girl of my own design - is going to be a low poly, highly texture-based assignment. I intend to make the mesh in Maya and textures in Photoshop, Quixel and / or 3D Coat (the latter two are programs recently introduced to me I intend to try out).

The second model - the sloth character called Namakemon owned by T.Higuchi and spiralcute - will be my introduction to Zbrush, which I am new to and am going to learn for the majority of the semester. In addition to the creature, I also want to make a micro environment for him with the practice objects I make along the way, such as rocks, foliage, etc.

The third and fourth model - a male magician and female barbarian of my own design - are intended for my assignments next semester, seeing as Zbrush will probably take me a long time to get accustomed to. Their current designs might be too ambitious for someone new to sculpting, but I'd like to give it a shot! Depending on how long these assignments take me, I'd like to sculpt a bust of a character as well (this might be thrown in before the third model depending on how comfortable I am with Zbrush at that point).

That's what I have for this week!
-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment