Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Gwyn WIP Update #1 - Work since graduation

Coming back to my blog since I've completed school! I'm trying to get back into the habit of updating weekly on my WIPs. Since then I have been working on a new character, Gwyn the monk! Her design is inspired by an old D&D character of mine. 

First came concept work. I love baggy clothes and sashes * v * I gave her a warm palette because her personality is very upbeat and perky and I felt like it fit. 


Next was modeling a base mesh in Maya 2017. This is my first time with Zbrush so I didn't want to start an entire character from scratch.  

Zbrush is a monster of a program, I hope to learn more about it the more I work in it but for now I'm satisfied with what I've done! I got really stumped by it for the longest time, but after some trial and error (and fuck ups) I eventually cranked her out! 


killmeplz



Finally I brought her back to Maya to retopo! She's sittin' at 12.8k tris. A little on the higher side, mainly because of the braid, but I couldn't find a good way to retopo the braid properly other than reducing the edge loops. I changed her design to only have one braid because of this.  


Now I'm in 3D Coat working on her bakes and textures! More updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment